DIY Wood plank wall




I've mentioned that I would share a couple products that we've used in our living room makeover, the first one being our TV Console from Ameriwood. The next product I'll be showing you is our DIY wood plank wall, made possible by Plank and Mill.

As a renter, I'm always looking for simple solutions to transform a place to make it feel more like home. I came across Plank and Mill and knew that this would be the perfect addition to make a statement piece in our living room. Plank and Mill is a company that makes reclaimed wood planks with adhesive on the back for simple construction. They simply send you the wood planks, you lay out the design of your planks, cut to size then peel the paper off of the adhesive on the back and stick to your wall. 





The adhesive is pretty strong so you don't have to worry about it falling off your wall. But with being a renter, I decided to go with an easy removable method and adhered the wood planks to cardboard. Yes, cardboard! My original plan was to adhere them to a piece of plywood but as I shopped around, I realized I could save a lot of money by skipping the plywood and bought cardboard instead and the planks have held up very well. After adhering them to the cardboard, we simply screwed the whole piece to the wall. 


My brother basically did all the handiwork and put the whole thing together. 
What a great brother ;)


We love how simple this project was and how the feature wall turned out! It added a focal point to the room which was just what we needed and gives a bit of a rustic yet modern feel. 





Stay tuned to see how it looks in our living room when I reveal our living room makeover!!


Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you Shannie, the place is Awesome. You did a great job. 🖒❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts